9.28.2008

A Vote

What do you say, we take a vote,
Since Katie and I already wrote,
Go ahead! put down the remote,
Come fill this space with some fine quote,

So leaving you, to decide,
Between your thoughts, and in your mind,
You are free to choose either side,
On whichever your feelings do abide

Should we continue the story of a mouse,
Or continue on with that of a house?
Or write whatever comes to mind,
Containing thoughts of any kind,

Now I should be quite glad,
If the thoughts of some fine lad,
Would fill this blog with nothing bad,
Thoughts will not ever make me mad!

Please! Please! Tell me your choice!
Yell it out in a loud clear voice!
Fine writing, you know comes at a price,
And giving suspense isn't nice,

So please, oh please, clear up this smog,
Tell a story about a dog
If you don't, I fear this blog,
Will move slower, than a bog.

If I sound like Dr. Seuss,
Please come quick! And bring a noose,
But don't forget to tie it loose,
So I can ride off, on the back of a moose.

-- Bri

Now I fear, I am stuck as a poet,
I am not afraid to show it,
When someone comes to say 'I know it!'
I think they will be the one to blow it

I am sorry if this made no sense,
But please come back ready to fence,
And don't be afraid of getting dents,
For your refund of five cents



Posted with LifeCast

2 comments:

Kat in the Hat said...

/e claps

Bri said...

yay. I think people have re-discovered this blog :)
It is no longer stuck, under a log.

My mouth tastes like artificial watermelon flavor,
I do not believe this is in my favor.
How the orthodontist does labor,
For something not even worth a small favor.

I try to find words that rhyme,
And I wish I had chosen lemon-lime.


(this poem is describing my misfortune in having molds taken of my teeth at the orthodontist today...)

-- Bri